Enjoy a magical stay in one of the most beautiful regions of France: Alsace !
Zimmersheim is located at the foot of one end of the Jura mountains. From the village surrounding hills, you can enjoy a stunning view of the plain of Alsace, with the city of Mulhouse below and the area of the Three Borders, extending from Colmar to Basel, across.
Alsace’s “Petite Camargue”, which is located a short fifteen-minute drive from la Maison d’Artgile, is the largest nature reserve in the area (904 ha). It is an outstanding and unique sanctuary for plants. Wildlife can be watched from look-outs posted along the nature trail. Visits of the ornithological station and the salmon reintroduction centre are highly recommended. We will be happy to provide you with bikes and maps and help you with directions.
Did you know that Alsace is the region of France that has the largest number of museums to visit? We will be delighted to help you set up a programme of visits according to your time and interests.
Here are a few suggestions:
Rixheim : 3 km
Mulhouse : 7 km
- Explore some ofthe 9 museums that make Mulhouse and southern Alsace the European capital of museums in the industrial dream
- National Automobile Museum – Schlumpf Collection
- Train Museum
- EDF Electropolis Museum
- Museum of Printed Textiles
- Ecomusée d’Alsace Ungersheim
- Wesserling Park – Ecotextile Museum
- Zoological Park and Botanical Garden
- Christmas Markets